Contact Me

Monday, December 15, 2014

Sorry, Cella Surprise

only chocolate covered cherries I will eat

 
As I left in a hurry, I stopped short because there was a package in the way. I took it with me because I just knew it had to be something good. As I drove, I struggled to open the tape with my keys. Finally, I drove with one hand and yanked some newspaper out. Ooooh, pieces of chocolate nestled in the crumpled newspaper. So, I attacked those and tried to drive. Then, I started snatching things out as I drove. Wow, a pretty box to open. I did, and this is what I found. My one thought--I will save this until Christmas Day.

Now, everybody knows I love the Cella Chocolate Covered Cherries. So, I was not surprised the giver chose these for me. An envelope contained a donation. The Christmas card contained a generous donation check to help with my water problem...yay. Then, I read the card--do not open package until Christmas Day. Ooops, I broke a cardinal rule--open and read card first. Where are my manners? How many times did I enforce this with my children? sigh

Oh, yeah, hand sanitizer for my days without water. Well, water is on but things don't work. And, I still owe money, lots of money.

Now, I could have the 12 Days of Christmas going if I could get about 11 more of these. Who care about ladies dancing and lords leaping? Just introduce them. They will settle down and find other things to do.

Thanks generous friend for the monetary help and Cella cherries. You may reveal yourself if you wish.
xoxo

Your turn
What candy would you want in a box on your steps?

14 comments:

  1. I love that you got a treat.
    I would like (love) a box of mangoes left on the step. Bliss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cella, mangoes? Cella, mangoes? Well, I will go with the Cella. Okay, until Christmas is over. I love mangoes, too.

      Delete
  2. I want dark chocolate, the bitter kind from Europe. I'm glad you received a gift and a donation. I put your water update on my Facebook page.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janie,
      I have some Ghiraardelli Intense Dark Twilight Delight 72% Cacao, also in the box and very bitter but delicious.

      Thank you. I need the exposure.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Not working. I am waiting to complain further when exbf and a couple of other guys can be here with me so I am not yelled at and called names. It is a shame women have to be abused so.

      Delete
    2. There is no reason for that. what jerks.

      Delete
    3. Michelle,
      I told a guy working in Lowe's. He said that was hard to believe. I told him he could go tell him if he wanted to. He assured me he would. Exbf was sitting right next to me and could hear him yelling. Jerks is right.

      Delete
  4. I want to find a package of my Dad's fudge. It was the best fudge I have ever eaten. Though he made it off and on, every year when the Wizard of Oz was on television, he made it and sat between my sister and me while we ate it to keep us safe from the flying monkeys. Dad is still with us, but is not in shape to make it any longer, and I have his recipe and can duplicate it, but nothing is more special than the memory of him serving us his fudge on little china plates.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anne,
    That is sweet. My children have the memory of eating chocolate chip cookies on a blanket over the carpet when Disney movies were on. Yes, I know that Chips Ahoy don't quite measure up to fudge your father made. Now, you can make him fudge. Thanks for that sweet memory.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful, wonderful surprise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sonya Ann,
      And there is none of that white, gooey stuff inside with the cherries.

      Delete
  7. What a great surprise! I wouldn't want any chocolate, but I'd love it if someone left me a load of retro sweets. Like Sherbet Lemons and Rhubarb and Custard or Cough candies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LL,
      I do love my chocolate. I don't think I have ever heard of the ones you mentioned. Maybe Santa will bring them for you.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.