Contact Me

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Traipsing Around the Yard

There are no pictures. I was too tired and annoyed. Once again, Maggie May decided to go to the house behind and eat broken open pecans. I chased her right into the bushes in my neighbor's yard and kept beating on the bushes.

I drove back home and walked to the back corner of my yard. There she was. She was just so confused and trying to figure out how to get back into the yard. The privacy fence stopped her. The chain link fence stopped her. The chicken wire stopped her. So, I went far enough to the corner that there was no fence. She still looked confused.

Back into the house I went, sat down, and tried to catch my breath.

When I went back out, she was in the yard happily pecking at flakes of oats in the pen.

urge to kill

Right now, I am going to the laundry and hope to be back by midnight. All my black pants are dirty. My black jacket has milk all over it. Black socks are dirty. Black sweater is dirty from soup tonight.

Your turn
Does it ever seem that when you have no easy access to a washer that all sorts of things get dirty? Or something similar breaks and you need it more than ever?

6 comments:

  1. Hiss and spit. I would be feeling totally overwhelmed and could possibly cry a puddle big enough to wash in.
    And, on the everything getting dirty front, it is a bit like bruises. Until I have a big bruise/blister/injury I don't realise how often I use, knock the affected part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EC,
      I feel next to tears most of the time. I know, hitting your knee and looking at it to find a bruise you have reinjured is positively annoying.

      Delete
  2. Honestly, I would be in tears with the whole mess by now. You have really been brave. Take care.
    Patti from Ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patti,
      It is horrendous. Then, after this post, I spilled something on my pink coat. I still have a ton of laundry to do. Lifting my towels and wash cloths is not possible.

      Delete
  3. The washing machine goes on nearly every day in our house. I think my kids put things in the wash that aren't even dirty. I dunno how we'd cope as a family without one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd get along without having a washer, but I wouldn't have to like it.

    ReplyDelete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.